Sunday, November 27, 2011

Savor the Cookie

Today Kelli Austin brought me a plate full of cookies (chocolate and butterscotch) for my birthday that passed last week. I have had two of the cookies one before lunch and one after lunch. Prince even likes them.
As I ate that second cookie I though about how yummy it was. I was starting to think, boy I would really like another one, when I said no, not yet to myself. While I can still taste it in my mouth I want to savor it. So I sat with the wonderful flavor in my mouth and savored its soft goodness, sweetness and  delicateness. Then I thought when the flavor was gone, I could have another one. They are my birthday treats, but I told myself wait. Even though the cookie flavor is gone I can still remember it. I want to sit here and enjoy the memory. As I enjoyed the memory of that cookie, I thought about gratitude that we talked about today in church and how gratitude might help fill longings and give us the Spirit by cherishing and remembering the blessings Heavenly Father has given us including the atonement of Christ.
I am very thankful to all of you that love us enough to keep up with us on this blog even if you only read a little. I also really appreciate every comment. Love you all!
--Joy

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Joy! I'm so glad you got those cookies for your birthday. After all the unfamiliar foods, isn't it so WONDERFUL to eat something like that again? I think I told you about the cinnamon rolls that my RS President brought when she visited me. "Comfort food" has a whole new meaning for me now that I live out of the country and am not around the foods that I'm used to. You did much better than me, though. You had a great idea making yourself savor your cookies. I gobbled up my two cinnamon rolls like a starving person.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete