Sunday, June 14, 2020

Things my children have said (mostly JT)

Someone reminded me recently to make a copy of these somewhere other than Facebook. So here are some fascinating things my kids have come out with in the last month or so.

June 14 - Superstar was examining his cargo pants for the first time. Together we wrote a parody to the tune of "Hinges"

I'm all made of pockets, cause everything opens
From the top of my pants, way down to my toes.
I've pockets in front and I've pockets in back.
If I didn't have pockets I wouldn't have pants!


June 10 - John-Thomas says, "Fear me, for I am cute!" He also says, "Happily ever after happens when you get married, and not to the wrong person. And when your life is over."


June 7 - As we drove through Colorado on Saturday, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I was talking to JT about whether he would like a regular burger or an elk burger, and explained that the difference was that one of them he was eating an elk and the other he was eating a cow.

JT: I want a regular burger. Don't kill the innocent animal!

Superstar, our resident demi-vegetarian, quickly leaned over and informed him that cows are innocent animals too. But this had no effect.

JT further explained: When you kill the innocent animal, you shed its blood and you shouldn't eat the blood.

June 1 - As we drove up to UT we were playing a religious trivia game.
JT said, "Come on, brain! Tell me the answer!"

We asked him, "If President Nelson died, who would become the next prophet?" He answered, "Daddy!" Terrifying thought, really, though it's nice to know I have his vote of confidence for now.


May 24 - Overheard at church: Jesus had to suffer and die, and you have to eat the crust.

May 20 - I wish I could remember what originally prompted JT to say "That warms my heart," but he has learned that we think it's cute so now he comes out with it at random moments. Looking through his schoolwork for Kindergarten, he occasionally announced to Joy, "This is my greatest creation!"

May 18 - Princess declared during dinner: "Chicken are almost fish. If only they were a bit more curved and didn't have a beak and had a tail instead of legs and scales instead of feathers."
Superstar suggested they might need gills too.
"Gills come with the scales!"

May 16 - My favorite part about introducing Raiders of the Lost Ark to Superstar was when they started explaining the ark was the ultimate weapon, that any army that carried it into battle couldn't be defeated. Superstar blurted out something like, "No! It's not the ark that's a weapon! Come on! It's keeping your covenants with God that gave the Isrealites power, and when they broke their covenants they lost!"

No comments:

Post a Comment