Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Some Easter pictures


JT was not much in the mood for an egg hunt - he had just woken up from a Sunday nap - but he did eventually get into the swing of it and find some eggs without help.
Pop and Grandma sent the kids some presents to go with their Easter baskets. JT, who was already into teddy bears, has been mildly obsessed since. He sure loves his little bear!


Last year Superstar found his basket in the very first place he looked. This year he very nearly gave up. Score one for Dad the Bunny.

Princess occasionally decides to tuck in any stuffed animal within reach. She loves taking care of people (and things), particularly with blankets and pillows.


There's a story behind this picture. That thing on my head used to be a plate. My Good Eats cookbook talks about putting not-quite-done eggs on a hot plate so they finish cooking on the plate itself. So for weeks I've been sticking our plates in the toaster oven at a low temperature to warm them up. On Easter Sunday, though, I left this plate in there a little too long at a little too high a temperature. I, uh, haven't been warming up plates in the toaster oven since.


Over Easter weekend is when Superstar broke the other one. He was downcast when he found out and despondent when the family picked me up Monday, April 2. Not even wearing Longhorn colors was enough. So I suggested we celebrate with Cici's pizza. You can see the good effect it had. He's a trooper! Since I'm writing this in mid-May, I should note that we are hopeful he'll get out of his casts next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment