Friday, May 25, 2018

Tears for the Teacher

My tender-hearted daughter was deeply sorrowful the last two nights. With the school year ending, she would never again see her beloved teacher or one of the retiring staff. She wept and sighed for what was lost.

It occurred to me that, while I'm very glad I teach college students rather than elementary students, I doubt any of my students have ever lain in their beds weeping the last day of school because they will miss me. I know I've witnessed many crocodile tears about how they never *ever* plagiarized before and can't understand *how* this could *possibly* have happened. It's not nearly the same thing.

Then again, the elementary teachers don't get to hear the tears of gratitude and love I get to wipe away from their students' eyes either. So, Mrs. Segura, if you happen to stumble across this post someday - you are deeply loved by one adorable little girl.

Thank you. From both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment