Thursday, August 9, 2018

Throwback Thursday - Family pictures after the wedding


May 28, 2005

Our triumphal exit from the temple.

So, funny little story about our least-favorite part of the day: In a wedding at an LDS temple, you don't need a tux or any of the usual worldly finery, so I wore my temple clothing for the wedding. After the ceremony, I went to change and only then realized I'd left the tux in the car. We sent my brother to find it (after he got changed). He got lost, I think. Dad went to find him. It took a while. Eventually they found me again and I got dressed and came out to find Joy.

She meanwhile had been waiting for me. Really brand-newly married and her husband was nowhere to be found! For more than half an hour! It was very disconcerting. When I finally emerged, one of the temple workers had her hide and made me spend some time waiting on her. "That's the way things are supposed to be! The man waiting on the woman!" So I waited in a side room until we could be rejoined. It really was her least-favorite part of the wedding day. So when we emerged from a side door to find our families waiting (patiently) on the two of us, it was truly a moment of triumph. Let the wild rumpus start!

In the 13 years since, I can say I spend very little time waiting on Joy to get ready. I am a blessed man, in many ways.


The rest of the pictures are of our family. I'm labeling everyone for family history purposes



My brother Stephen serenades us at the dinner following


The beautiful Temple of the Lord in San Diego


Grammy, Steve, Dad, and Mom

Back: Dave Curtis, Steve, great-Uncle Bill Soss
Front: Laurel Soss Curtis, Mom, Grammy, Dad, us,
great-Aunt Corinne Soss, Josh and Jenna Curtis,
great-Aunt Virginia, and Sabrina Soss Hoey




Family history tags for the combined extended families? That's a big photo. Right. Here we go:
Back: Casey and Fran Doolittle; friend Rachel Mason and her husband; Justin Simpson; Susie and Doug Lazenby; Dad, Steve, Uncle Bill, Anna with DeWayne and Mari Lazenby; Rich and Laurel Powell
(my, those kids have grown in the last 13 years! And if I remember, their mom would prefer I not share their names online.)
Front: M, Swanny, T, UncleDad Leonard, A2, AuntMom Swanny, and A3 Simpson; Grammy; my mom; A1 Simpson (up); Josh Curtis (down); us; Virginia and Corinne, Jenna, Laurel, and Dave Curits, and Sabrina.

 Casey and Fran, Susie and Doug, Anna with DeWayne and Mari
Swanny with her five kids, Justin, Leonard and Swanny, us, Rich and Laurel
Her brothers and sister

Sister Fran on Joy's left, sisters in law Susie and Mari on the ends,
and CousinSisters Laurel and Swanny to the right.


Doug, Derrill, DeWayne, Casey, and Rich
Sadly, Rich has never gone by the nickname Dick or else we could have used Doolittle for Casey and really been alliterative. If only brother Dustin had been there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment