Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Funny little things on a Wednesday

I love the form I get from work, asking me if I have anything that falls under export controls. To help me know if I do, they give me examples, starting with military aircraft, and including nerve toxins and nuclear weapons. *LOL* Yeah, lemme look around a bit. Might have one hiding under this textbook. Ah, the life of an economics professor is delightfully dull. Except, of course, at home:
-----
The little one got to go on a field trip to the fire station with his Christian pre-school. The coolest thing he saw? A dog picking up a cell phone in its mouth.

He's got a doctor visit Friday. "That means I won't have Bible study!" he moans.
-----
When I came home, my daughter handed me a folded piece of paper with a barely concealed excitement. I read the invitation ... to a balloon's birthday party. Held two hours ago. "Oh. Then it's tomorrow." I'll be teaching a class then. "Saturday!" Saturday it is.
-----
The older one is writing a book that includes several of the other boys at school. He told me before bed how he is trying to convince the character representing one of his friends to become his evil henchman, but the character refuses.
-----
I came up with a new parody for my trade class at the beginning of the year to the tune of Uptown Funk. I have been chomping at the bit for us to cover enough of the class that the song will make sense. Tomorrow is the debut!

Except for last night at the dinner table. The two older kids enjoyed it very much and were proud that they got to hear it first. I was just pleased I remembered the lyrics without a cheat sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment