Sunday, October 7, 2018

Someone had a birthday a while back: me


I turned 40 just before school started, so that happened.

Joy made me this glorious chocolate peanut butter lasagna cake... that no one else liked. So I get to eat it ALL by MYSELF! I worked through a good piece of it over the next week and froze the rest. Wonderful, decadent, gooey, scrumptiousness! I got the recipe from a Facebook video - thanks to those of you who like tempting people with glorious recipes!

Thankfully for the rest of the family she also made some vegan chocolate cake muffins. That goes along with JT's non-dairy diet, so everyone could enjoy those. It's the recipe we got from Moosewood in Ithaca

My biggest present easily was having Joy return home with our two youngest in tow. Three weeks without my sweetheart were long and hard, even if Superstar and I could enjoy an amazingly long board game tournament.

I got some nice presents, including an expansion for Terraforming Mars, a food scale to weigh ingredients to a tenth of a gram, a couple new board games, some sheet music, and a lovely collection of books I've started working my way through.

I decided I really wanted a pinata this year, so I got this giant dinosaur. We had fun making a short movie of the JT running away from the dinosaur (below the fold).


Once it was properly destroyed, I stuck its head in the crook of our tree for the 2nd graders to enjoy as they were dropped off for school until the rain finally pulled it down and started the disintegration process.







No comments:

Post a Comment