Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Things My Kids Say - birthday time

JT: Dad, I hope you don't get as tall as the fan. You know why? I don't want the fan to chop your head open.
[as had happened to two Mylar birthday balloons in two days]

-----

We had some girls over to celebrate Princess' birthday. Wanting the girls to have some them-time, I told JT we had super-secret party business to attend to (totally true). We ran over to the dollar store, where he had this little monologue:

"Dad, you know why I wish I was a girl? Then I could wear these!"

and he pulled out the most basic pair of black reading glasses - the very caricature of gender-neutral glasses. The store clerk rofled and told me it was best thing that had happened all day.

-----

Daddy: Princess, I have an instruction for you. Your cousin and both brothers have had to go to the hospital this year. I want you to not need to go to the hospital this year. Okay?

She: Don't worry, Daddy. I would never jump off a cliff without a parachute. ... I wouldn't even jump off a cliff! ... Unless it was for sports. I don't even like sports! ... Really. I don't like sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment