Monday, June 18, 2018

Porg: the other, other white meat

Image result for porg star wars posterAs part of our Father's Day tradition (three years and counting!) Joy got me a Star Wars movie - the Last Jedi. The kids eagerly snatched it from my hands to study the front cover picture. John-Thomas spied with his eagle eye something ... CUTE! I showed them a couple clips of the porgs, most importantly of Chewie not eating one.

So now my two youngest are baby porgs. Every day they enjoy being "baby X..." - Baby kittens, baby mice, baby hamsters, baby crocodiles, baby horseys ... and now they are baby porgs.

So my little girl is curled up in a ball on the giant, pink, plush beanbag chair. "This is my egg. Baby porg hatched from this egg."

I informed her that porgs are most likely mammals, and therefore were born from their mommies' tummies, not in an egg.

She adroitly responded, "Daddy, sometimes the things in Star Wars aren't real life."

No comments:

Post a Comment