Sunday, July 22, 2018

Conversations with JT - Incredibles 2

Last week little JT started pointing finger guns at people (which is against house rules - no shooting people) and saying "Pew pew." He shot everybody. A lot. A little concerned, I pulled him aside for an interview.

D: Why are you shooting people?
JT: "To stop bad guys."
D: There are no bad guys here. And who do you know who stops bad guys with guns?
JT: "Super heroes."
D: JT, the superheroes don't use guns. Superman doesn't use a gun. Wonder Woman doesn't use a gun. Batman doesn't use a gun [in most of his incarnations]. Green Lantern doesn't use a gun [except in his day job in the military, I guess.] The X-Men don't use guns. The Avengers don't use guns [Good thing he doesn't know about Iron Man. Or Cap's day job. I would probably lose this argument if he knew anything.] Who uses guns?
JT: "The Incredibles."
D: What? Mr. Incredible doesn't use a gun. Mrs. Incredible doesn't use a gun. Frozone doesn't use a gun. Dash doesn't use a gun. Violet doesn't use a gun. Jack ... ... ... -Jack...

Image result for jack jack pew pew
"Pew-pew. Pew-pew"

[Riiiiiight. We just saw Incredibles 2 with Pop and Grandma.] So you're Jack-Jack?
"Yes! I am. I shoot fire and ice."
Okay, well, JT, Jack-Jack doesn't shoot a gun. He shoots from his eyes. Will you please shoot your fire and ice from your eyes instead?
"YES!"
[We practiced that a little. Another crisis averted thanks to ... LISTENING!]


This morning JT says
This is the 'Incredibles 2' Movie Poster You've Been Waiting For"I can run really fast like Dash. I have a Super Mario hat that can make you speed up real fast. At super limit, and then super speed. I cannot have glasses with them, but fight because I'm trying to defeat a bad guy so there is no any bad guys left. Then my friends can just live with me, but I have to not let them run away from me because they all really disappear and they get in their homes."

What was your favorite part of the movie?
JT: "When this guy had a bicycle and could go really fast like me. Remember, that mom had a bicycle."
D: A motorcycle?
JT: "Yeah. Remember in the Two? Remember we watched it? Remember you saw it. You saw it in a big screen. Maybe we should watch it again!"

JT: "I can do better than they can do. I can shoot fire bolts and ice bolts out of my hands - only when there's bad guys. I don't do it any time someone is around me who is good. But if they stay around, I think 'Maybe he is a bad guy,' and I shoot it. And I say, 'What are you doing, standing around here?' Now can we eat breakfast?"

No comments:

Post a Comment