Sunday, April 22, 2012

Of all the things I've lost...

Last week, the AC (power) adapter for the iPad AUN gave me died. We can't find a replacement in town, of course. I can still recharge it, very slowly, by plugging it into the computer for 24-someodd hours. Overall, we have lucked out greatly. The electric supply is not only unpredictable, it is erratic in how strong it is. There are surges that can easily fry electronic equipment, even when it's plugged into a stabilizer AND a surge protector ... like my AC adapter. So far, we've only lost that and two AUN cords for my computer and the latter AUN replaced.

... I miss my mind the most
Labor is cheap around here. So it would have been totally possible for us to repair Joy's shoes. But someone seems to have thrown them away. I don't ever keep track of her shoes to know when one needs to be thrown away and she wouldn't have. Our only guess is that the maid threw them out... but that means Joy is down to only a pair of sandals and a pair of church shoes that haven't broken.

Our camera died. No idea how since it's never plugged into the wall. It just won't work anymore. So the only pictures we're getting now are on my iPad. Or the DS, but we're having trouble transferring DS pictures to computers or Facebook.

But the thing I miss the most is my Eagle project. [As I type this, I can hear my mother gasping.] I've been working on that for half of my life. It's a cross-stitch/needlework project of an eagle soaring over mountains and forests with a rainbow. I started it after I got my Eagle Scout award. I work on it off and on (mostly off, clearly). I took it with me to Ethiopia in February to work on during flights and at the hotel. I know it made it out of Ethiopia. I'm almost most positive it made it to the hotel in Abuja.... But we can't find it anywhere here. We spent the whole time between general conference sessions looking for it, but I can't find it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment