Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rocking Morning

This morning I got up with my son a little earlier than usual. He has been getting up at insane hours, and we let him play with something until we can stand getting up. While we were doing our normal morning routine our Prince says to me, “I want a hug”. I give him a hug and he says, “Rock me mommy”. I was sitting in the glider in his room, the only chair there. I suggested he finish putting on his clothes first. He did and then came over to me and climbed in my lap. He gave me the biggest hug as I started to rock him.  I asked him if he would like me to sing him a song and he said that he would and asked for Flowers remind me of you. I rocked my son as he sat there finding a comfy spot and I sang to him twice. It was on of the sweetest things as a little mommy. Every once in a while he would look up at me adoringly. Those kids don’t always know how much power being cute and cuddly can be. Maybe we just have to teach them ;)
--Joy

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best times! Cuddles and cuteness do go a looonnnggg way :)

    ReplyDelete