Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our new Home

Our living room facing the front door

I was very excited to see our new home for the first time. I had not imagined something so well-furnished, so large (3 bdr, 2.5 bth), so comfortable-looking. The folks at AUN really put a lot of effort into making new hires feel welcome.

Of course, all the carpets are currently off the floor in honor of the Month of Potty Training. Prince can't go to school if he isn't trained.

It also happens to be the month of Ramadan. In moving our hefty luggage last Sunday, one of our drivers commented that he was fasting and this felt particularly heavy.

Our living room facing the other way
Our kitchen

The guest room/Lavinia's room
that she hasn't used yet

I agreed with him. It turned out I was fasting that day too, and they were heavy.

Among the silly things I packed were too many shock absorbers. They all only work with US voltage, so they won't prevent surges here until we have a transformer (which hopefully Joy is finding in the market this moment).

1 comment:

  1. What a fun new home! I can't believe your dining room chairs even match your couches! Wow.

    ReplyDelete